Mr. Luther’s Blacksmith Shop and Broom Factory sat on the bank of Cedar Creek in the heart of the village ofMr. Luther's Blacksmith Shop and Broom FactoryTaylorsville.  The blacksmith shop was built c. 1836.  Mr. Luther Piercey became the proprietor in the early 1900’s and served the community until his failing health caused him to close.

Mr. Luther grew broom corn to make brooms and always had a sweet potato patch out behind the shop.  His prominent family was always active and involved in the Taylorsville and Centerville community affairs.

The blacksmith shop was relocated to Fiddlers grove in 1991.  In 1992, Mr. Tim Ryan and Danny Parsons organized the Fiddlers Grove Blacksmith Association.  The Association is dedicated to teaching the art of iron working.  The membership increased, and a new blacksmith shop was built to teach the art and provide the club space to meet year-round.

Mr. Luther’s shop is used for demonstrations during the Wilson County Fair and other special occasions.

Mr. Luther Piercey’s children donated the building to Fiddlers Grove in 1991.