Livesay Mill was built in 1879 on the Clinch River at Kyles Ford near the Tennessee Virginia State Line in Hancock Livesay MillCounty. The Grist Mill was water powered using a pair of grinding stones to grind corn for meal and wheat for flour.  According to deed records, S. W. Carter and John Livesay along with other family members settled in Sneedville prior to the Civil War.

The Grist Mill was one of the most needed facilities in pioneer days and was always busy.  The millhouse was built in Fiddlers Grove in 2006 and the Grist Mill was installed and became operational during the Wilson County Fair in 2007.

Mr. Jerry McFarland acquired the mill and donated it to Fiddlers Grove in 2005.